500 SERIES COMPATIBLE 2 SLOT RACK AND POWER SUPPLY
VPR Alliance compatible • Very affordable
With the proliferation of the 500 series platform, perhaps the best known way to rack mount a couple of individual modules in a single rack space is the A-Designs 500HR – a dual slot 500-series power supply and frame. It has balanced XLR input and output for 2 mono channels, and can supply +48V phantom power. In addition to being the perfect companion for A Designs Audio 500 series modules, the 500HR is compatible with most VPR Alliance modules, and is the most affordable solution for any pair of 500 series processors.
The 500HR can be used with all sorts of different modules to give you all sorts of customisable functionality. Loaded with two preamps it becomes a dual-channel mic pre; with two A-Designs EM-PEQs, it’s a dual-channel, Pultec-style equaliser; and with one preamp and one EQ it is a complete pre/post EQ recording channel. Plus, using the preamp and EM-PEQ configuration, you can bypass the preamp on your guitar/bass/keyboard amplifier to give you a totally different amp for live performance. Preamp and compressor, compressor and delay and EQ, two different kinds of EQ, one tube and one solid-state compressor – the possibilities are literally endless! Here are some more ideas:
When combined with an A/D converter, the device makes an excellent choice for mobile recordings for broadcast. Also, with so many people doing voiceovers for TV and film, plus vocal production work for audio books and radio, the 500HR combined with the right modules and a laptop is again a perfect solution for those markets. And, of course, many discerning live sound engineers will be pleased to see that they can now put a pair of studio-grade processing modules into a 1U rack.”
HR-500 FEATURES AND SPEC:
- Compatible with all A-Designs 500-series modules.
- Will accept API 500-Series modules and other VPR compliant modules. Please check with the manufacturer.
- Four basic modes of operation with various A-Designs modules.
- Internal highly stable regulated power supply with +48V phantom power.
- Steel chassis construction.
- 48V LED indicator.
- 2 x 2 balanced XLR I/O.
- Power requirements are 100/120/230 VAC – 14W.
- DC power output per channel is 140mA @ 16VDC.
- Dims: 482 x 44 x 324mm, 19” x 1¾” x 8-¼” [1RU]
- Weight (empty): 2.7 kilos / 6 lb